DE JA VU-ING

Sometimes, I cannot actually tell

Where dreams begin and reality ends.

Am I surfing a mountainous swell

Or just dreaming about riding high?

Surely, I’ve walked this track recently,

Fighting through an overgrown path.

Although it all seems so familiar to me,

Perhaps it’s just the struggle that is real.

Standing at the edge of the precipice

I fight the urge to take another step

Then fly like a bird high above the abyss

Before landing safely way below.

It’s just a dream and I wake in fright,

But I see it’s time to keep walking

Into reality. Not from that great height

But forward towards new opportunities.

No more dreaming, or de ja vu-ing.

Time for authenticity in my existence,

Some go-getting and positive ‘doing’.

Dreams are for those sleeping through life.

 

© S Gillis 2023

Published Hinterland Times July 2023

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL MUM...

THE CIRCUS TRAIN...