OBI MAGIC

 


OBI MAGIC

 

Timing and patience I’m told is the key.

So, I watch and wait so very patiently,

While others try to trick my roving eyes.

I’m not fooled, as I wave away the flies,

Concentrating on swirls and ripples,

Not turtles and fish faking it with bubbles.

 

There! Deep ripples across the creek!

Excitement makes my knees go weak.

As I prepare myself and my camera

I hear the chuckling of a kookaburra,

And think, perhaps it’s laughing at me.

But no!  How joyous to finally see…

 

My quarry right there in front, eye to eye.

Click, click, click! Nonchalant and not shy,

Happily posing for me before diving away.

I’ll never forget the first time, a Monday,

That I saw an ornithorhynchus anatinus,

Maleny’s very own wonderful platypus!

 

© S Gillis 2023 (published Hinterland Times March 2023)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL MUM...

THE CIRCUS TRAIN...