IT'S INTOLERABLE....


It’s extremely rare to actually enjoy
Travelling to your place of employ
(Whether by bus, tram, car or train),
Since common courtesy began to wane.

It’s people who snuffle with whom I take issue.
Surely to goodness they could carry a tissue?
And malodorous people should surely desist
From travel with others. I really insist!

How I curse the man who invented the MP3;
Just an invasive, pervasive musical tin can to me.
Putting up with their racket is only for mugs
So I praise the woman who invented ear plugs.

Driving myself is not the preferred mode
Because of the plethora of idiots using the road.
It seems lack of road courtesy presents no bar
To their having a licence or driving a car.

Rudeness it seems is not confined to transport.
Lack of respect for others is now a national sport.
Those queue jumpers are a right royal pain too
While you’re patiently waiting for food or the loo.

What about those who dial the wrong number?
Especially at night, disturbing your slumber.
Perhaps not so bad if they’re apologetic;
But no; they get abusive and you get apoplectic.

If they insist they have dialled correctly
And it’s you at fault, just tell them politely
They lack the IQ to use a phone at all!
Then hang up noisily to end the call.

Many’s the time though you’ll probably find,
You can’t sleep; you’re going out of your mind
Because your neighbours are loudly celebrating.
They don’t care that your walls are vibrating.

So after much thought, I’ve the perfect solution.
I’ve moved to a cave; no more noise pollution.
No more smelly, snuffling, musical travellers.
No more rude callers or late night revellers.

The roar of the surf is my constant companion;
Squeaking bats and wildlife live in the next canyon.
I do have one request now I live like a hermit…
Please bring me some earplugs on your next visit.

SMG © 2008

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAREWELL MUM...

A PSYCHIC BENT...